As homeowners, we’re continuously on the hunt for ways to add value to our properties, regardless of whether we’re planning to sell now or in the distant future. After all, we want our investment to count. Renovations are a promising means of achieving this goal. However, not all home improvements are created equally. So, which ones truly elevate your home’s worth? While a quality design-build contractor can help to point you in the most lucrative direction for your specific project, here are some of the industry’s top contenders.
- Kitchen (Un)Confidential: It should come as no surprise that the heart of the home tops the list of coveted construction projects. A modern, functional, and aesthetically pleasing kitchen can dramatically increase a home’s value. Consider updating appliances, countertops, and cabinetry, or even expanding your kitchen space if possible.
- Bathrooms Beyond: The bathroom is another room in which homeowners spend a lion’s share of their time (some studies place it at a whopping 813 days throughout a lifetime). That, by definition, makes it yet another space that significantly impacts a home’s appeal. Many homeowners consider upgrades like walk-in showers, modern vanities, and energy-efficient fixtures, but the savviest remodelers use the bathroom as a way to test the waters before launching into a more sizable project like an entire home renovation (see number 5, below).
- Energy Efficiency Improvements: Sustainability has taken center stage in the housing industry, and eco-friendly homes are high in demand. By installing energy-efficient windows, insulation, and HVAC systems, you not only boost your home’s value and its appeal to environmentally conscious homebuyers, but you also do your part to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Curb Appeal Considerations: First impressions are lasting impressions. Your home’s exterior is often a good place to start. From adding a touch of landscaping to painting brick, adding keystones, refurbishing the chimney, installing bay windows, or moving forward with a full-scale addition like a screened-in porch or sunroom, your home’s curb appeal plays a pivotal role in its perceived value.
- The Whole-Home Remodel: If you have a ‘cookie-cutter’ home, a whole-home remodel can be transformative. Such renovations go beyond mere touch-ups, aiming to restructure and redesign your entire living space, making it uniquely yours. By doing this, you not only infuse your style and preferences into every nook and corner, but you also have the potential to turn your standard home into the talk of the town.
Wrapping Things Up
While the above renovations are known for offering significant returns, it’s essential to collaborate with experts who understand your vision and the current market trends. Cossentino & Sons Remodeling and Design can help you ensure your renovations are both stylish and structurally sound. Contact our team to start transforming your home today!