When faced with an outdated or deteriorating home, homeowners are often confronted with the big question: “Should I demolish my house or remodel it?”
While wrecking balls are, admittedly, attention-getters, the team at Cossentino & Sons heartily recommends considering the latter.
- Preserve the Essence, Enhance the Appearance
Often, the bones of a house are strong, with only the exterior needing a fresh touch. A whole house exterior remodel can transform a mundane “cookie-cutter” residence into a showstopper with unparalleled curb appeal.
- Customization at its Best
Why settle for generic when you can customize? Paint your brick a hue that reflects your personality, integrate keystones into critical surfaces, such as the chimney, and talk to a professional design-build remodeler about incorporating other architectural details that make your home stand out in your neighborhood.
- Functional Upgrades
Beyond superficial, aesthetic changes, put some real thought into functionality. Adding a new front porch not only provides a welcoming entrance but also offers a space to relax outdoors. Bay windows, meanwhile, bring in ample light and give interior rooms a more spacious feel.
- The Long-Term Benefits of Quality Roofing
Standing in contrast to traditional flat panel roofing, standing metal seam roofing features raised interlocking seams that join panels together. Not only do systems like these uplift the look of your home but they also ensure durability and longevity, as well as reliability and low maintenance, protecting your remodeling investment for years to come.
When to Bring in the Bulldozer
While remodeling is always the preferred route to preserve a home’s essence, there are a few circumstances in which demolishing a home might be the only feasible option:
- Natural Disasters: Homes severely damaged by events like earthquakes, floods, or fires might compromise structural integrity beyond repair, rendering a property uninhabitable.
- Health and Pest Hazards: Widespread mold infestations or pervasive asbestos, as well as damage from pests – notably termites – may undermine a home’s foundation and make demolition safer than remediation.
- Land Use and Zoning Changes: On very rare occasions, zoning regulations and subsequent property modifications may make a rebuild more practical.
While these circumstances can push homeowners towards demolition, it’s essential to evaluate each situation uniquely. Consulting with experts, such as Cossentino & Sons Remodeling and Design, ensures an informed decision on whether to renovate or rebuild.
Why Choose Cossentino & Sons?
An industry leader for decades, Cossentino & Sons Remodeling and Design understands the nuances of home remodeling. With a deep-rooted commitment to quality, craftsmanship, and design, we’ll ensure that your home transformation is nothing short of spectacular.