An unfinished basement represents nothing but untapped potential. More than simply adding to your living space, by finishing your basement you will be giving yourself the chance to truly create the home of your dreams from the ground up! Read on for some inspiring ideas about how to use the brand new living space afforded by your finished basement.
How Can You Use Your Finished Basement? Let Us Count the Ways…
There are countless possibilities when it comes to deciding on how to use your finished basement. Pick your favorite from the following list, or talk with your contractor about developing a creative combination!
- No Adults Allowed. For the growing family, a space for the kids is an absolute essential! A finished basement can be converted into the perfect playroom for your children. It has the benefit of being out of the way, so that guests and visitors won’t be tripping over stray toys, and with chalkboard walls, arts and crafts tables, and plenty of floor space, your kids will be able to let their imaginations run wild!
- Grown-Ups Only. On the flipside, if you’d like to reserve your finished basement for the 21 and over crowd, why not convert it into the perfect bar? Stock up on your favorite wines and liquors, have a beautiful bar installed, and entertain guests with a customized space for a cocktail party!
- Fun & Games. Speaking of entertaining, your basement will be nothing but it when you use it as your very own game room! Ping-pong tables, card tables, vintage-style video game machines: all of these things and more can fill your finished basement and make it the highlight of your home.
- Work It Out. It can be difficult to summon the will to drag yourself to the gym every day, but what if your gym is right downstairs? Your finished basement can serve as your own private gym so that you can exercise at your leisure (as counterintuitive as that may sound!).
- Room to Spare. If all of your main floor bedrooms are taken up by the family, a finished basement could be transformed into an ideal guest bedroom! Have a private place to stay for every in-law, old friend, and unexpected guest you could imagine.
Ready to start planning your finished basement design? Get in touch with Cossentino today!